Friday, February 24, 2012

Things I'm Excited About

I just ordered this for our upcoming Spartan Sprint in April. I know, it's still 56 days away, but I need to do a test run with the skirt, and make sure I have something comfy to wear under it since the shorts I tried today FAILED.
But I'm so dang excited about this skirt!!!! Almost as excited about the skirt as I am about the race. My SIL and my brother will be there- she's on our team, he's the designated photographer because he has some leg issues (hmm, wonder if he ever made that Dr appointment yet?).

And, I'm kind of excited that I'll be starting work again much sooner than I had thought- as in, possibly by the middle of March. It's good, since it means money coming in, money I can use for fabric and running *necessities* but at the same time, it means I won't have as much time to sew. But I feel like it will give me the structure I need to keep studying for my personal trainer certification. In an odd way, with more that I have to do, I tend to get more done. I've been rather distracted/lazy/unmotivated this past week, other than a couple good runs.

Finally, I'm also excited about these:
I won a giveaway from the fabulous people over at Quiltmaker's Quilty Pleasures back in December, and with every Swoon piece I sew, I get closer to cutting into these beauties. I've actually pondered making a second Swoon quilt with them... don't you think they'd look fabulous? The question would be what color solid to pair with them.

Enjoy the weekend! I hope to sew myself silly while my husband is busy with work and his man things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.