Saturday, November 26, 2011

A new purse, a new PR, and reflections.

 I'm getting better at putting zippers into my sewing projects. This is the first time I put one on a purse of my own design- usually I avoid them because they can be tricky, but I'm tired of stuff spilling out.

I'm apparently also getting better at running- I ran my fastest 10K ever in 47:57!!! I was worried about having forgotten my watch, iPod, and road ID. I ran by feel, and felt awesome through the whole thing, and was ecstatic when I rounded the final curve and saw I was going to make it under 48 minutes. If I hadn't been cheap when we registered, and had paid for the chip timing to be eligible for prizes, I would have won 2nd place and a small prize! Next, year, I want to win that coveted Turkey Stampede gravy boat... :)
I learned a lot about myself, and my limits, during the Tough Mudder. It made a 10K seem like nothing. The Tough Mudder has shown me that I can handle much, much more than I thought, that I can keep going when nearly every fiber of my body is malfunctioning, that I can climb walls, jump off platforms into cold water despite my fears, run through smoke, and get shocked on the forehead by 10,000 volts.

I credit the Tough Mudder with my amazing 10K finish, and with my recent phase of super-productivity.
I feel like I'm more focused in all regions of my life. Running, crafting, my relationship, even. I made my husband a personal Thanksgiving meal yesterday- turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes- because it's the least I can do for a man who never ceases to amaze me.

I am thankful for everything I have, for my family, my husband, our dogs, our house, our lives. As the year winds down, I can look back and be amazed by everything we have accomplished. Next year promises to be just as awesome, if not better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.