Thursday, September 13, 2012

That's life

I was really hoping this would be an "I'm so excited I can't stop smiling" type of post, but alas, life has a way of smacking you upside the head the minute things seem perfect.

It's never good when "routine tests" come back abnormal from the Dr. I need to remind myself that it's USUALLY not bad, either. But, it's kind of hard to not be freaked out initially.

I am going to attempt to use this worry to power through the marathon. I am going to use this worry to enjoy every painful minute. Those 26.2 miles just might define me even more than I initially thought they would.

I need to remember that there is a much, much, much better chance that everything is fine.

I am a Tough Chik. I am strong. I am brave. I have faced things down in the past, and if by some crappy chance thins get difficult, I am strong enough to face it.

I am going to do my best to remember that this is probably nothing. But I might need a little reminding.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to encourage you in your marathon and keeping tough!! I know all about life having it's ways of falling apart right in front of my eyes. And as for worry. I given that up. Worrying is just thinking about things you can't control. Why not put energy into things you can atleast influence? Like your running! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.