Sunday, November 4, 2012

A brilliant idea?

Those of us in America are probably all THRILLED that the election is this Tuesday, which will mean the END OF POLITICAL ADS (for a short time, anyway).

So, to celebrate, I suggest we all run/walk to our polling locations (if you live close by).

In Indiana, most counties have satellite polling locations, often within just a few miles. I know mine is within 5 minutes' drive, and I would guess it's only 2 miles from home.

Tuesday morning, I will be loading my brightest running jacket's pockets with my ID so I can run to the polling location! It will also throw some hill work into my training this week.

If you can run/walk to yours, think of it as killing 2 birds with one stone- getting fresh air and exercise while doing your civic duty!

Who is with me?

(I do realize this is just another check mark in the "She's a crazy runner" category, and I'm ok with that)

4 comments:

  1. I will definitely walk! I'm only 2 blocks away from my polling place so I might just wear my pajamas while I'm at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I returned from the Houston show late last night, turned on the TV to unwind a bit and was blasted with political ads. I realized how Quilt Festival had succeeded in distracting me nicely, keeping the TV off and saving me from the increasingly nastier ads.

    When I lived in California, my polling place was always someplace in the neighborhood. I still need to figure out where I'm going and how I'll get there in my new location ... if it's walkable, I'm with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about this after I'd already voted. We vote so close to our house that I'm not even sure it would be more than a mile round trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this idea! Here in Oregon we vote by mail, or drop off ballots at a ballot box. Had I read your post earlier I would have run up to the ballot box to turn it in!

    ReplyDelete

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.