Thursday, November 8, 2012

I fly solo

I just figured out that  the majority of the flights I've taken have been by myself. Which feels strange. But I guess that's part of why I don't freak out when I fly- it's kind of difficult to be a bad traveller when you have no one to listen to your panic.

Tomorrow, I'm heading to Norfolk, VA by myself, but I'l be staying with my BFF from high school, and running with her. This is the race my husband signed me up for our anniversary back in July, and it's the weekend before my birthday, so it's like my own personal holiday.

I've got my suitcase packed (except for all those annoying toiletries that can't be packed until the last minute), and my carry-on ready.

I ran 4 great, progressively faster 400s during our running group's interval workout today (1:52, 1:50, 1:45, 1:40).

So, I'm as ready as I can get for the weekend!

Half marathon #4, I'm coming for you! Sub-2 hours, if these sturdy peasant legs will cooperate!

2 comments:

  1. great job on that speed workout and GOOD LUCK...go kick some butt on that race. :)

    i've had to fly around a lot by myself too, mostly for races...lol, so i'm not a nervous flier either.

    happy travels and have fun at that race, wat an awesome gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend and enjoy the race!

    ReplyDelete

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.