Saturday, October 12, 2013

Surprised

This morning, I headed down to Kokomo to run the Highway Half marathon. It was billed as One and Done because it was being held on the new bypass before the highway opened, and was therefore a one-time event. Pretty cool to have a chance to run on the highway before it opens to traffic!

The run itself, being on a highway, was exactly what you'd expect: no shade, very little "scenery," and looooong overpasses for hills. Boring for the eyes, yes, but being mostly straight like that, it made the miles fly by. Or maybe that was just my perception...

Because I nailed my time goal!!!!! I finally busted the two hour mark. My official time was 1:57:04. As you can tell, I was pretty damn happy. And then I saw the results (as I was about to leave) and found out I won my age group. What?! Just goes to show, you don't have to be the fastest, just the fastest to show up!
Final results: 
1:57:04
1/24 in age group
26th female
82/394 overall.

I am proud of how I ran today. And it never hurts to bring home some hardware!

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congrats on the sub 2:00 and how awesome to be 1st in AG!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on sub-2 and taking first in your age group! That makes for a great race no matter how boring the course.

    ReplyDelete

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.