Saturday, October 5, 2013

Worst PR ever!


Also known as "the race that finally sucked." 

I've had a string of great races. Sure, some hurt, but I had fun the whole time.

Not today. It was 72 degrees and a 100% humidity at the start. I brought my handheld, and still ran out of water (they had 2 aid stations... At mile 1 and mile 2. Which meant on the out and back course, from mile 2 until mile 7 there was NO water. Terrible planning given this hot spell!). I felt like I was still recovering from a marathon....

Wait. I am! Perhaps that's half the problem. Last year, there were three weeks between, and this year only had two. That might explain why I felt like I was fighting sooooooo hard for this race.
There were waaaay more people than last year, too, thanks to the shutdown.

Yeah. Because of the shut down, the race had more participates (yay for more $ for local charities), but this meant several age groups, including mine, were way more competitive than normal in our tiny town.

I have never been this unhappy about a PR. But factor in a crowded race feel, not enough water and terrible humidity, and I'm just not excited. I have never been this glad a race was over!

Finish time was 1:20:4x.
Place: ???/???
Who cares. I'm just glad it's over. And I never thought I'd say this, but I hope it cools down before next weekend!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.