Monday, March 21, 2011

Home again, home again, jiggity jog!

While I wish I could have brought the beach home with me, I sure am glad to be back! I had a great time- we had beautiful weather for my dad's memorial and spreading at sea, and again the day we revisited his spot. I can't complain about the weather at all- every day was perfect! I got just enough of a tan to look like I went to Florida, but no so much as to look like I should be on Jersey Shore. I even found some good deals when we went shopping- a pair of Lucky jeans for $32 instead of $98 (score!!), some cute platform flip flops, and a green cardigan all for me, plus 2 mugs for Tim and a coozie for each of us from Master Bait & Tackle. I also ate way too much good food!!!

I got a tiny bot of hand sewing done- only 4 more diamonds made from my hexies- but, while I was gone, a lovely lady by the name of Donna offered me some of her scraps- and they arrived today! My, some of them are bringing back flashbacks from my doll-quilt making days... and some I had used for button doll dresses.... oh, the memories! Make me want to make a button doll, and a mini quilt to go with her!!!

I'll leave you with some shots of Florida...

Look how calm it was 6 miles out where we spread my dad's ashes... so peaceful. Perfect.

Sunsets always look great on vacation!

There were dolphins in this pass almost every day we went through it!
 Last but not least, my favorite, the grumpy pelican:
Someone's not a morning bird!!!

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful it was for your service - what a blessing! And congratulations on the great buy on jeans. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.