Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hot, hot, hot.

It's been HOT! Hot enough I probably shouldn't have gone for a 4-mile run today, but I needed the mental victory of beating the heat since our half marathon is (EEK!) only 60 days away.

It's been so hot I've had the last two days off work since no one wants to golf when the heat is this oppressive.

So, I've been trying to finish this:
I got the lines quilted going one way, but then messed up the second perpendicular line, which was my sign that it's time to get some rest instead of pushing through. I have until Friday to send it back with my mom. It's backed in flannel, so it should be a good chemo quilt for my friend.

Do you ever have a day where you feel like you got nothing done, but then when you sit down and think about it, you've done a ton? Like sweeping, vacuuming,  basting and half-quilting a quilt, dusting, running, cooking dinner early so your husband could have some, tending the garden, playing with the dogs (Prudence has a love/hate relationship with the hose now), etc? I guess it's good I was so busy today- back to work tomorrow! It's going to be even hotter- I'll be glad to be in the clubhouse!

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors and fabrics on this project ... would so enjoy a photo of the entire quilt, not just the close up.

    warm (hot) quilt hugs, sue in CA sizzling hot

    ReplyDelete

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.