Friday, July 26, 2013

Just some of a season by hand

Yesterday, we did a time trial 5k for our group run. While it was fun to push myself like that again, and I was thrilled to clock a 26:05, I was also very happy to come home and unwind with some knitting.

Last night, I finished this:

 And while that particular project was an unpleasant experience on the whole, I like the way I altered the shawl and the end result. Let's just say some knitting designers and specialty yarn manufacturers are a little snooty and leave it at that.

The next piece was finished lat week:
 This was a mystery knit along. I wish I would have made size XS instead of small, but oh well. It works for throwing on over a swimsuit, or over sweaty workout clothes for a quick trip in the grocery after I've been at the gym. And I probably will make a second one in a smaller size, since it was wicked easy- it only took a skein, and 3 days of off and on knitting.

And here's my favorite finished project from this summer:
I love, love, love it. So much, I might not complain the first week it's cold.

All of these projects were found on Ravelry. If you knit or crochet, Ravelry is awesome.

I'm linking up with Clover and Violet's A Season By Hand. Seriously, I don't know what I would have done recovering from surgery without projects like these. The final count of handmade items is 2 shawls, a headband, 2 pairs of mitts, 11 dishcloths, and a small cross stitch project. If I photographed it all, I'd probably put people over their data plan limits on cell phones.

THAT is what happens when an active person (who already loves crafty things) is told she can't do much of anything beyond sit on the couch.

And while I love crafting, I'm looking forward to getting a long run in this weekend. Not sure of how far; I'll probably base it off how I feel. When I get done with that, you know where to find me... in the craft room!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've always admired you for your craftiness. I wish I was more skilled with sewing, knitting, quilting, etc.

    ReplyDelete

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.