Saturday, December 17, 2011

A well-deserved sigh.

I ran the Huff this morning- not the 50K ultra, but the 10-point-something fun run- which was fun, despite the delay getting in the park, 20 minute wait for one of 6 porta-potties (for 800+ people!), the fact that because I had to go potty I missed the official start by 5-10 minutes (hooray, chip timing), and the flooded, muddy trails. That mud might be why as frustrating as getting there and getting going turned out to be, I was grinning like a frosty idiot. I wish I had had a camera, but due to the water I knew I'd have to splash through, I didn't bring my phone with me, so you'll have to trust me- it was a beautiful run! Falling snow, icy lakes, truly beautiful. And I'm not a huge fan of snow!

Because of the hectic rush I ended up in, I was very glad to have made myself a running belt last night on a whim:


I didn't have time after packet pick-up to run the mile back to my car to put my shirt, keys, and ID away, so I was VERY glad I had this belt. It also made it easy to pin on my bib.

The best part of the day? My Momma drove down to watch me finish! She surprised me- I came across the finish line and there she was, so happy and proud. I love my momma. She took me to Subway afterwards, too.

I managed to snap a picture while I was in my car after lunch.

That green shirt is the tech shirt we got for participating- mine now has official trail running snags on it!

Enjoy the weekend! I'm going to bake- I earned it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.