Tuesday, March 11, 2014

1 run, 2 outfits, 13.31 miles

I was ecstatic to be running in short sleeves today.
Soooooo happy! Short sleeves and capris for ten miles today. 

But when I ran out of water, I stopped at home and changed BECAUSE I WAS OVERHEATING!!!!! Do you know how happy that makes me after this nasty winter?
It seemed like a good reason to try out my marathon maniac singlet again.

Best run I've had all year. Simply amazing. I wanted to run more, but I was out of food and hungry. So while I elevated my feet for a bit when I got home, 

I ordered some more Salted Caramel Gu.... YUM.

That was the other amazing part of this run- 13.31 miles and I only consumed two gels and one bel vita cracker. That's only about 260 calories. It used to take me about 400-600 calories to get through a run of that length because my blood sugar was just stupid. Being able to eat less is awesome-and I think eating more protein throughout the day is at least part of the reason why.

Any great runs lately?

Did you get to enjoy the great weather yesterday and today? It's hard to believe we are going to be under a winter storm warning in 7 hours! 5-8 inches of snow expected. Crazy weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.