Saturday, April 9, 2011

Kindle Sleeve Tutorial- part 2

Got your hexies all stitched together?


Good. Make your quilt sandwich, and quilt as desired! I just did free-hand circles for this one. I used perle cotton, but you can use whichever method you like- hand or machine quilting.

Then,  square it up to measure about 8.5 inches by 14 inches. Bind ONE short side (11.5" by 19" for the larger version of the Kinlde or an iPad).


Next, fold the bound edge up so it creates a pocket that measures about 5 inches deep-- deep enough to old your device. Pin in place, and bind from one edge of the fold all the way around to the other. To make it look finished, I folded the raw edges of the binding ends under before starting to stitch it on. I also machine stitched it on initially, but then hand-stitched the other side.

To finish- fold you flap over and eyeball where you want your button(s). Mark placement for the buttonholes, and use your machine to make them. Attach your buttons in the corresponding point on the case. Ta-da!!!

I hope it was worth the wait. And y now, you're probably thinking, "I could have figured this all out myself!" It really is pretty simply. I hope you enjoyed it, and feel free to share any photos if you stuck with me long enough to make one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.