Friday, April 15, 2011

Small projects, big dreams

One of my goals this year is to become a published quilter. Well, today I took another step towards that. I just submitted a quilt to a contest... let's hope it gets past the initial critique and makes it in!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love being able to sew. It makes things so much more fun when my husband or I need things like a toiletry bag:

 He's going to love it. I made myself a tea wallet and a small makeup bag.
 All three of those things will come in handy! And, let's face it, you can never have too many makeup bags!

So, for those of you who also play the Block Lotto, you'll recognize this block:
When i made my four for this month, I adored them so much that I made another set of four with the SOLE PURPOSE OF KEEPING THEM! I know, I could have entered all 8 into the lotto, but I had to make this table topper. These 4 blocks begged to stay here. And so they shall. I know have a delightful little table topper that is too darn cute. It makes me smile. And, it's made from all scraps, too!

I guess in a way I just had my own Friday Night Sew In. :D

Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.