Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sidelined

My shoes want to take me out for miles.

My sewing machine wonders where I've been.

And I went to a doctor for the first time in over 2 years.

Stupid side pain. Stupid unidentified, aggravating, lingering side pain. I get my first ultrasound ever on Friday so they can try to figure out which body part is misbehaving. Joy, oh joy. The worst part is I have to fast from midnight until after a 10:30 appointment (if you see me that morning, RUN! I will be murderous with hunger!).

But, at this point, I just want to know what is going on, what I need to do about it, and get on with things. It's interfering with my training, with my hobbies, and generally keeping me in a state of perpetual annoyance. I had to stop after 1.6 miles on the treadmill because it was so uncomfortable on Monday (at least I've learned to listen to my body rather than struggle through and make things worse).

Here's hoping Friday brings the start of answers- I'm starting to stress out about the Spartan being 10 days away, and our first half is a month away.

GRRRR.

1 comment:

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.