Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Time marches on

Oh, hi, August. You snuck up on me. Yeesh, that means the MARATHON is only 44 days away!

So, yesterday, I ran 3.1 miles before spin class (again- this is getting to be a habit. Which is a good thing). And that's after Monday's 3.3 mile run, 15 minute kettlebell work, 10 minute elliptical and 1 hour teaching Zumba. I feel like if I have the energy and stamina for those 2 days in a row, I'm not in as bad of shape as I thought in regards to marathon training.

Last night, we went to a meeting for a health supplement (mostly so I could talk Zumba with one of the organizers). I'm not going to name the company, but my experience leads me to continue to believe that there is no substitute for hard work. Yes, these people seemed happy, energetic, and showed weight loss using the products. Yes, some of them made a lot of money, too. But when you look closely, see the compulsive gulping of the drink being offered (and I mean compulsive like an alcoholic at an open bar), when you see that everyone consuming it had blood-shot eyes (um, hello, elevated blood pressure- NOT GOOD FOR YOU), was twitchy or jumpy, etc.... this leads me to believe that as with ever other weight loss supplement out there, you get results, but at a cost. I cannot support a product that my gut tells me is unsafe. I'd love to work with the ladies in regards to Zumba, but I won't be buying into their other side business.

To each his own. I choose sensible eating and exercise, no short cuts.

On to happier things:
After my run/spin, I came home and made extra tetris blocks. Since I'm using 2.5" squares, I need at least 12 to make a lap sized quilt. The column on the left are from the game pieces Melissa gives, while the column on the right is my own "game." So far, I really like the effect.

I'm excited to say that we signed up for another mud run- the Warrior Dash!!! I'm so happy. We didn't get to do it last year because of Tim's work, and this year, I had agreed to join him on the governor's motorcycle ride. I was bummed to be missing the WD, but thought that the motorcycle ride would still be fun (I was even thinking I'd get to get a run in somewhere further south, since I always wake up wicked early compared to others). but, things change, schedule got adjusted, and now my husband has a class he has to do, which meant no governor's ride, and just happened to leave Saturday free!  YAY!

I can't wait. I'll get to add their awesome viking-style helmet to my collection of medals and such.

Now, to dream up some sort of crazy (at least bright) outfit! I think I still have some sequin fabric....

1 comment:

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.