Friday, December 21, 2012

Surely, an aneurism would be less painful...

...than dealing with medical billing offices and insurance companies. Yep, I had planned to run for 2 hours before Zumba, despite the cold and wind. I hydrated and fueled this morning so I could get started shortly after noon... then the mail came.... which had a surprise bill...

Long story short, more medical bills I shouldn't have to pay, and this one in particular shouldn't have been billed at all. But, clearly, it takes crying to 4 different individuals from frustration (one poor lady heard it twice) before a resolution can be found. At least the one is done. But I'm waiting to find out about the others.

By the time I was off the phone, I had THE WORST HEADACHE ever, and there was less than an hour before I needed to leave for Zumba (which meant if I went to the base to run, I'd have about 25 minutes before I'd need to call it and change so I didn't stink them out). If only I had known that no one would show up for Zumba today... :(

What did I do, after a failed long run? 1.5 miles on the treadmill. 1.5 measly miles, but it's better than nothing. The stress of the day wore me out so badly that was all I could manage before I started thudding along, landing too heavily on my feet. At least I ran. I *may* have almost fallen off the treadmill, which *might* have contributed to the decision to call it quits.

At least I have the last Christmas presents all done now:

 For my grandpa, an expletive golf club cover for those days more in the rough than the fairway!
And for my godson, a Kindle case to try to protect it from the inevitable abuse 9 year old boys put their belongings through.

I can end my day on a positive note, since I sucked it up and ran, even just a little, and Christmas presents are DONE. YAY!!!!!!

Anyone still shopping? Anyone super crazy who hasn't even started yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.