Sunday, May 11, 2014

Warsaw Run for Fun half marathon

It's official. I'm a double agent.

Not a spy, but a marathon maniac AND half fanatic.

And I still have one more half this month.

(Raises hand)

Hello, my name is Kasey, and I have a running problem.

Anyway. Yesterday was the Spring Run for Fun half marathon in Warsaw, IN. I have run it before with Tim two years ago, and we vowed never to return because it was horribly mismanaged- think no water the second half because they ran out, and no food, and a confusing course, etc.

But, I decided to give it another try.

I carried a handheld, which helped a bunch when they ran out of water again. They had way more volunteers along the course, which meant runners actually ran the way they were supposed to. This helped shave off the extra half mile from two years ago.

I approached the race as a fun run, training for Sunburst at the end of the month, so when I saw the most adorable ball of fluff golden retriever puppy, I stopped to pet her. And then again with Quinn the website, and then a pit mix, and another mutt, and another...

I also took walk breaks every time I stopped smiling. The race is called Run for Fun, so if I wasn't smiling, I needed to slow down!

I ended up finishing in 2:02:14. I'll take it! Especially just a week after the Indy mini.
The shirt this year left much to be desired... Unisex sleeveless tech tee? Um, no thanks.

The swag bag was pretty random, too. I can't say I have ever received seed packets. But, ok, cool. Those will get planted!

For $23, it's a fabulous race. As long as you know to carry your own water and don't expect a shirt you'll ever wear. But I can say that yesterday, I ran for fun, so I guess I got my money's worth. :D

Now, I'm just awaiting my official half fanatic confirmation!

How was your weekend? Milestones? Mother's Day adventures? We cleaned off my grandparents' gravestones. Not exciting, but satisfying. And then I weed whacked about ten others because they were veterans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.