Saturday, June 14, 2014

Ideal Beach Triathlon!

I participated in my first-ever triathlon today.

While wearing a fish swim cap. Yep.

I finished the 150 yd swim without drowning, and I was not last!!!! 

I suck at swimming, have only swam once (last weekend) in the last two years, so that was a win.

I finished the bike without falling, and passed 6 people.

I finished the run after passing many more (6? 7? Not sure).
I had fun with a perfect stranger, Liz, who beat me by under a minute (and she snagged third overall).
And I won my age group! Ok, so I was the only one. But I checked last year's times, and I still would have won. So there.


I call that a pretty good day.

How is your weekend shaping up? I'm ready for a nap now!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! The fish cap definitely makes you looks like a pro! I was the only one not wearing a swim cap when I did my first triathlon last summer, ha! I thought they said they were giving them out there that day but never quite found where. You did great! I see more triathlons in your future! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!!! I've always wanted to do a triathlon! I would be the same with swimming.. I don't even know the last time I went!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I just don't know that I will ever do a triathlon so you have my utmost respect. Great job Kasey!

    ReplyDelete

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.