Tuesday, December 28, 2010

American Onion Soup- That's what's for dinner, kids!

I made French onion soup with a bottle of Sam Adams Winter Lager to deglaze the pan rather than wine since I'm severely allergic to sulfites. It can't be "French" made like that, but it still tasted soooooo good. The "kids" (our 2 dogs) played with a slice of raw onion for a while, each one licking it, pawing at it, shaking their heads, etc before finally leaving it in a gooey blob on the kitchen floor. Crazy dogs.

As for that lunchbox that has been defeating me, it's still only halfway made- but Tim's ok if it turns into a patched up Frankenlunchbox. He actually sounded like he would prefer that. It's nice being married to someone who doesn't require perfection (but, he is still quick to honestly answer when I ask if a quilt flaw is noticeable).

I got a set of blocks made for the lotto this month. It was at the bottom of the list as long as the Christmas deadline was looming, but now that things settled down, I got around to it. It took two attempts, but the second pair fit the requirements. Honestly, I'm not too sad about having to keep the first pair.... I already know what I want to make from them rather than lump them in with the other orphans.

I leave you tonight with a picture of the casserole carrier I whipped up while the casserole was cooking last week. I think I did a good job making up my pattern and getting it done in just an hour! It fits even my largest Pyrex pan. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your casserole carrier - the fabric is just wonderful! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your casserole carrier is just so cute! I love the polka dots.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.