Friday, January 27, 2012

AAAAAND it's a flimsy!

 Laying it out on the bed like that, it's tempting to dream up borders to make it king-sized... but how on earth would I quilt it? I'm sure I could manage, but I think I just want it to be a large throw for me to snuggle under on the couch.

Let's recap: Today, I did 5 loads of laundry, a load of dishes in the machine and a whole counter full and sink full by hand, swept, vacuumed, and finished my Made in Cherry top. I'm calling it Superstitious, too, since I started it on Friday the 13th while laughing my butt off at all the people who believe in silly superstitions. I'm a positive thinker; I only believe in things that are lucky!

Oh, and did I mention I quilted and bound this little wallhanging?
It's made from 2 small hearts from last year's block lotto leftovers, plus I made a pair of large hearts this year which created the second pair of small hearts. Then it was just a matter of playing with the layout, adding scrappy black, letting it sit on my ironing board ready to be quilted for 2 weeks, and then, in today's extended fit of productivity, I finished it! Simple, but fun. And it makes me happy, so quilt police be damned!

I think I'm too tired to be writing anymore... bordering on cranky. Much love to you all, and again, HAPPY WEEKEND!

1 comment:

  1. I love the flimsy alot ... and you KNOW I like that wallhanging--please consider sharing a photo on the block lotto blog. I know you aren't the only one with some of those "bonus blocks" from that lotto block ;-)

    ReplyDelete

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.