Friday, September 27, 2013

Fast Fitness Friday!

Some days, motivation is lacking... others, I feel like I'm running out of time to get a workout in. Tuesday was like this for me. But, I still managed to squeeze in a workout that had me a little sore on Wednesday!

Start out with a few minutes warm-up: put on your favorite tunes and dance for a song or two!

Main set:

10 kettlebell swings
10 kettlebell squats with oblique twist (start with the KB by left knee, raise KB as you stand and extend KB up over right side, arms fully extended)
10 kettlebell squats with oblique twist on the other side
30 seconds of tick tacks (siting in a pike with feet relaxed but off the ground, tap the kettlebell on either side of your body
10 sit ups with the KB on your chest
10 sit ups with the KB held overhead (touch it above your head on the ground, then reach it past your knees when you sit up)
1 minute plank.

Repeat 2-5 times!

Cool down with some gentle stretching.

Simple, right? I went through 3 sets, and was feeling it just enough the next day... and it only took me 20 minutes! And, I was only using a 7lb kettlebell. You can use any weight you'd like, even a dumbbell, I just like using my kettlebell (and keep it in the living room so it's always there, staring at me, reminding me to get at least a mini workout done!).


Of course, you can always substitute your favorite exercises. The point here is that with just a single weight and a short amount of time, you can get in a decent work out.


What's your favorite fast workout?


No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.