Thursday, September 5, 2013

When menu planning lets you down

We all know menu planning works wonders- helps save money at the grocery and makes life easier when you're not staring down 6 o'clock with no clue what to make.

What I want to know, though, is what these menu-planning mavens do when Life happens. See, this week, we had Thai meatballs, bourbon chicken, and tuna casserole on the plan. The meatballs happened (and were delicious), but then the Husbeast went on an impromptu road trip, leaving me here. Bourbon chicken and tuna casserole make waaaaaay too much for one. So what's a girl to do?

Lazy lunch.
Today's solution is au gratin potatoes with broccoli. 

This is serving as a good reminder that I need to start thinking of cooking for one again since he Husbeast will be heading to OTS in a few months. Ugh. I love to cook, but when it's just for me, it becomes almost torture. I'm going to have to look up more freezable meals.

Any favorite meals that you like to freeze for later?

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.