Thursday, September 19, 2013

Time for another full marathon!

Tomorrow, we leave for Dayton. I'm having my rematch with the AF Marathon. I would really love to finish under 5 hours, and part of me thinks this is possible. I might even run with a pace group.

Tuesday, I ran a 5k on base and was still sooooo sore from Saturday that I was thrilled to pull off a 25:10 finishing time. Good enough for 1st female, and 3rd place predicted time (I predicted 25 minutes).

I could not believe HOW DIFFICULT it was to run, though!!!! (perhaps because I haven't done such a good job of resting this week! Can't help it, the taper makes me crazy!)

And then there's today- 80 degrees, 90% humidity, and the worst run I've had this training cycle. I'm  hoping it was all because of the heat. It was difficult to maintain even a 10 min/mile pace. Hopefully, and being (way too) sedentary most of tomorrow for traveling, I'll wake fresh on Saturday.

We shall see!

Have you ever ran with a pace group? I'm torn. I want to try to break 5 hours, and on paper I should be more like 4:30 (yikes!) so I know it's possible. I might try to hang with one just for the camaraderie. Who knows. Maybe I'll surprise myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.