Thursday, February 27, 2014

Stitching away

After I got done with my run yesterday, I started working on a new purse, complete with a designated slot for the epi-pen and inhaler. The Husbeast thought of that, so that in case of emergency, he wouldn't have to rummage through things. Smart man, and I'm glad I have the craft abilities to make my own custom purses.

And then I spent the rest of the afternoon playing with these:

This is an old photo when I was just contemplating the fabrics, but they are now almost a baby quilt for a friend who is expecting her first baby anytime in the next two weeks (I forget the actual day...). 

I love spending time in my sewing room creating things. I was thrilled on Tuesday when my aunt contacted me about possibly making some items for a boutique in Cincinnati. I spent 2 hours going through photos to put together a FB album showing a variety of projects. If this turns into something, I will be thrilled. If not, at least now I have a designated album for when friends come to me with custom orders- now they can get a feel for some of my past work.

What's your favorite way to pass an afternoon? A perfect day would be a good run followed by successful sewing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.