Saturday, August 28, 2010

Beautiful Day

It was the perfect day for the art festival in the Wellfield Gardens!!!! The flowers all looked amazing, and the art was interesting, and the food was delicious.  If I could have changed one thing, I would have made the temperature a little cooler-- by the time we left, it was toasty!

I came home and got to work on finishing Tim's Xmas present top....

DONE!
I got it done! YAY! And, best of all, after shopping my stash, I found this green and had just enough to do the background! YAY!!!!

You can see the Contrary Wives better in this one.
Now to figure out backing, and perhaps negotiate long arm quilting from someone who actually has the setup to do this one justice. I would hate to ruin my work by trying to do this one on our teeny tiny table with no frame with which to maneuver the quilt.

But hooray for getting this much done!!! YAY! I have earned a night of rest, though we all know I won't stay completely away from fabric... I will probably end up planning the next project, or working on stuff for the PIFF craft show coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.