Thursday, September 9, 2010

Tim got the job! And a finish for me

Look what I did last night! Before I even knew how amazing today would be...



Tim was on his way home this morning when he got the news: He got the job at his base! YAY!!!!! So, soon we will be looking for a place to live, then moving. OH HAPPY DAY!

I was in an awesome mood before this great news, though, because last night I machine quilted my table runner (finally!) using my free motion foot and an all-over stipple. This is the first thing I have ever free-motion quilted, so I am very pleased with it (despite uneven stitches in parts, but hey, it's for me, not for sale). I had told a friend yesterday my goal was to get it done before we moved, and then last night I just decided to go for it. And then today I found out we will be moving soon!!!

I am so blessed to have a husband like Tim. He's amazing. After everything we went through last year, it is so delightful to have things be going this well this year.

*Happy dance!*
Love it!
I am very proud of my husband. He's also proud of me for the table runner. Can you believe I used these to roll it up and quilt it?

Yep. 2 Paper towel rolls made for a makeshift "frame" so I could maneuver the runner. It worked!

Back of the runner.

It's been an amazing day so far, and it's barely halfway over. :)

3 comments:

  1. HUGE congrats on your first free-motion finish! It looks great and with a bit more practice you'll start seeing the meander pattern in your sleep, I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already see quilts in my sleep! I was dreaming about some Ohio Star blocks recently, which is funny because I have never made them, I just like them... I wonder if this was another premonition? I hope so-- I had an AMAZING sewing room and design wall in the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New home, new sewing room? I say yeah!!!! I'm just learning to FMQ. It is so much fun. Yours looks great! Love your high tech rolling tools!

    ReplyDelete

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.