Monday, September 13, 2010

The "zombies" return

The zombies have returned with a vengeance!!! I woke up at 6:30 with a nose bleed from my darn allergies... It's an awful feeling to wake and realize there is blood all over your face, but this is not the first time. It used to be all-too-often of an occurrence when I was younger.

Enough grossing out news.

Since I'm up, I might as well get to quilting! i may end up making up for the time I'll lose because of class tonight. Or, I may just sew, sew, sew this morning and then take a delightful nap later... that sounds good, too!

I shall leave you with the poem I wrote 2 weeks ago in class from a prompt...



Brief Moment of Panic # 317

I couldn’t find it, broken underfoot, the
thick steel needle snapped still holding thread—
The strap was just too much.
Delicately, tugging pieces out
without snagging the dense weave,
finally freed and sighing, now
the machine ceases to beep but
when I press my foot down
the line is no longer straight, it
was never even made, just broken
when the threads gave. I should have known
but stubbornly I rationalized insanity.
What will Sally think when I show
her what I’ve done? Cut up
pieces only to break the thing
with ambition. I just wanted a satchel,
a catch-all of ideas to carry my extra
words, phrases, and a sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.