Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A day for sharing the love!

Yesterday, I was notified that I won a random drawing from the Shop Hop last week! Wheee!!! I went down to Calico Point to pick it up... it's the prettiest sewing basket, and it was filled with goodies... three small spools of thread (2 greens and a yellow), a large spool of natural colored thread, a seam ripper, a flower pincushion,  the coolest retractable tape measure I've ever seen, some buttons, machine needles, a bobbin box, and scissors.... IT'S PERFECT!!! I was just thinking I would love a new pair of scissors, and how nice it would be to have a second sewing basket when I get my sewing room... perfect timing!!!

Today, I decided to share the love... my MIL was looking for a bobbin box during the shop hop, and all 6 stores were out of them!!! I have one-- and even with my new set of 10 bobbins, it's not full. So, I took the one that came in the prize package and took it down to her-- she was very pleased. It makes me happy knowing someone who needed it is now using it-- you should have seen the bobbins spilling out of a box on her table! 

Then, I visited another quilt friend, Sally... I met this wonderful lady at the Essenhaus show 2 months ago. Every time I go over to her house, I have so much fun. I truly am an old soul. We laugh and chat about fabric and life and more fabric. Today she sent me home with a bag of scraps... guess who's going to be making some more wonky stars!!! She also gave me two leaf blocks that she didn't care for since the colors weren't quite right... I'm sure I can find a home for them in a new project!

I feel so content right now, mostly because of such a fulfilling day, but also because I have a full belly of homemade chicken fried rice. :) Let's here it for good friends and good food!!!!

Reminder: If I get 26 followers by the 1st of November, I'll host my first giveaway!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.