Saturday, October 30, 2010

Tricky

How to have a Happy Halloween in a not-so-friendly neighborhood:

1. Lock the gate. Most of the trick-or-treaters that we saw last year ignored our sign that said we weren't giving out candy and would come in the yard any way, and then leave the gate open. Can't take chances when we have a dog, so we lock our gate.

2. Fix myself a nice supper for one: Tonight it's a steamed artichoke with garlic-lemon butter, and bread with brie.

3. Procrastinate packing some more by sewing! :) I made myself a promise that I would pack at least 3 boxes before today's over...

That's what I have in store for the rest of today. I would love to be able to hand out candy, but the "kids" we saw last year were over 6 feet tall and sounded older than the Brawny man. I wish we lived in one of those places that has made it illegal to trick-or-treat past age 12 since it seems no parents enforce that anymore!!!

Next year, we'll be in a safer neighborhood, so hopefully I can put candy out and not be afraid.

1 comment:

  1. Pack one, sew one, ok two. We get big kids too. Hubby has a baseball bat by the door. LOL

    ReplyDelete

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.