Sunday, October 17, 2010

SO excited.... going to look at some machines in cabinets!

Late last night, I did my check of Craigslist for sewing machines. I've been looking for a machine in a cabinet that is in decent condition (good enough to not cost most on repairs than purchase), not computerized, etc. so I can try machine quilting with it. There's nothing wrong with my Helga, Viking, except for it not being IN a table. I have the little acrylic table, but all I can seem to FMQ well is a table runner.

Back to last night. I found a listing for not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 machines!!!! One of them is an old singer treadle... the person is asking $25 each!!! i called Tim and made sure he was ok with it, then sent an inquiry. They're all old Singers and Kenmores.... I MUST HAVE ONE! I know the newer Singers have a bad rap, but I learned on a Singer from the 70s and had no problems. From all the research I've been doing, Singers are kind of like American cars in that light-- the old ones were amazing, detailed, reliable, but now they're having to fight to get back to their glory.

So, today at 3, I'm going to check out an old treadle and 3 relatively-speaking newer machines, none newer than the 70s. :)

My guess is I'm buying at least one today. Now I just need a man with a truck, or to wait until Wednesday when MY man with a truck gets home.

YAY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you bring home. We have several old Kenmores and a couple Singers. They are work horses!

    ReplyDelete

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.