Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Not good, not good at all!!!

Did you know there is a sure-fire appetite-suppresant AND motivation killer?
Well, there is.

SEWER GAS.

I attempted to unclog the shower drain, and now the house has the most wretched smell.... and I don't know what to do! Apparently, if it's a minor problem, it will dissipate on its own... but otherwise I might have to call a plumber. This after Tim told me yesterday that the AF messed up his orders and paid him too much, which means he has to return money, so we don't exactly have any extra...

So, I don't know what to do right now. It smells so baldy I can't stand to be in the house much longer. And, apparently it's hazardous to breathe in. Awesome (SARCASM!!!)

Sigh.

UPDATE: After calling our landlord, which in this case is conveniently my MIL, I get to hurry up and wait until the plumber calls to come check out the problem. I hate being the bearer of bad news when I call her, especially when she told me she had to put another cat down today, and yet again one everyone loved-- Poor Boots is now in kitty heaven. He was the fattest cat I have ever seen, and he got that way (no kidding here) by being fed McDonald's by his previous owners.

And the waiting begins... at least it's not too cold so I can have the doors both open. Good thing I have my sewing machines to keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE questions and comments! Complaints will be read for a nominal fee of $17,000.